What is an Audiologist?

Audiologists are highly-educated professionals who must have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in their field to practice in Canada which is why they are qualified to assess and treat a broad range of hearing and balance dysfunctions and disorders.

Audiologists can help with the following:

  • Hearing disorders in infants, children and adults
  • Amplification such as hearing aids and/or other assistive listening devices
  • Auditory processing disorders – issues with how the brain processes sound
  • Tinnitus – noise or ringing in the ears
  • Hyperacusis and Misophonia – sensitivities to particular sounds
  • Balance disorders including dizziness or vertigo caused by Ménières disease, ear infections and trauma to the skull